Saturday, December 26, 2009

back home.

One of the {few...} perks of being back home is that I can go back to making my beloved stove-top oats...I used to be OBSESSED with them last year and now that I'm in college, I've been eating the store-bought instant kind {loaded with weird chemicals and artificial flavors} for too long!

Anyway, here are my favorite oatmeal recipes.


Chocolate Milk Oatmeal

in the mix:
1/3 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 banana
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice

{for all the recipes, you pretty much dump everything into the stove - slice the banana first - and mix with the stove set on high until it begins to bubble. Then mix some more until you get a thicker consistency - however you like it}

toppings:
1-2 tbsp White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter/Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter/Nutella {be careful not to add the Nutella when it's too hot...it will lose flavor}
1/2 banana

PB&J Oatmeal

in the mix:
1/3 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 banana
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice

toppings:
1-2 tbsp peanut butter of choice, preferably not flavored {Skippy Natural is my favorite}
1 tbsp jelly
1/2 banana

S'mores Oatmeal

in the mix:
1/3 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 banana
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice

toppings:
1-2 tbsp Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter {or Nutella}
t tbsp marshmallow creme of choice
2 crushed Graham crackers
1/2 banana

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

in the mix:
1/3 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/2 banana
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
sweetener of choice
LOTS of cinnamon

toppings:
1-2 tbsp Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter
1/2 banana
raisins if you'd like {personally I don't}
as much glaze as you'd like

My favorite thing to do when you're running out of peanut butter: oats in a jar! Just dump whichever oatmeal you made into your nearly-empty peanut butter jar...yum...it's a nutty, delicious, melty, peanut-y taste with every bite.


Anyways...can't wait til break is over already...miss my independence/texting/friends/Mike plus I'm taking cool classes next semester {yeah yeah I'm a nerd} and I'm rushing!

Debs.

6 comments:

  1. oaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats.

    luff you, shoogz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stove top oats so kick butt!!
    i'll have to try your s'mores oatmeal because they sound great!!

    enjoy your time at home :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing! i'm totally gonna have to make thesee :)
    miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I missed seeing your oat combos! Yummm, making me hangry girl.

    Miss you already :[ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These oatmeal recipes look delish! I just bought a HUGE container of oats - looks like I'm going to have to try this.

    P.S. I'm Katie's cousin :)

    ReplyDelete