Sunday, February 14, 2010

life lessons.

Funny how a week that was supposed to nothing out of the ordinary (sans Valentines Day) actually taught me lessons that I will never forget.

I learned that it feels amazing to be loved for who you are {by friends and family, as well!}.


I learned that I do have the balls to stand up for myself.

I learned that I will never, ever again be a pushover and sacrifice my own happiness for the sake of being "nice" and avoiding conflict.

I learned how to stand up for myself.

I learned that sometimes a good fight is just what you need to move forward in your relationship.

I learned that sometimes, if you just open up to people, they will open up to you, and you will find similarities you never would've guessed you had.

I learned that if I think someone with my exact same body type is beautiful, then I must be beautiful as well.

I learned in my friend's drunken words that "no one can define you but the people you love the most."

I learned that insecurity just causes you grief.

I learned that even the people that have hurt you the most have the ability to change.

I learned that not everyone is going to like me and that is okay.

I learned that if I actually fight for it, I can get whatever I want {read: get Housing to move me out of this room with this @#$&! roommate}.

I learned that it's never a good idea to cuss out someone in their own house. Oops. Our b.

I learned that when all has been said and done, my mom will fight for me to the death, when I never thought she would.

I learned that A and I made the best Nutella brownies and cupcakes and our boyfriends are lucky bastards, seriously {as well as the friends that ate all the leftovers}.

I learned that I've only ate chocolate, cupcakes, brownies, and coconut macaroons this weekend and I really won't get any fatter.

I learned that time is precious and I will never let it go to waste.

I learned that if she can feel beautiful after an eating disorder, I can too.

I learned that while I sit here hating my thighs, there's people born every day without legs at all, and I should be grateful.

I learned that the Syracuse basketball team is getting too cocky and that loss was just a much-needed wake up call {or I'm just trying to make myself feel better because homegirl's livid}.

I learned that I'm growing into myself, getting to know who I am, and that I am happy.

Debs.

Edit: LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment