Sunday, August 16, 2009

gym gems, part one.

Much as I hate to admit, I have a teeny tiny, sometimes unhealthy obsession with the sport of gymnastics. And this is MY blog, so I get to write about whatever tickles my fancy. Booyah.

So I'll be sharing "gym gems" - mostly videos of brilliant '80s performances (I'm also obsessed with the '80s - everything about 'em - from the hideous perms to the horrible fashion to the catchy pop music. I think I was born in the wrong decade!) - whenever I feel like it. Capeesh?

You see, in a past life, I was a Soviet gymnast.


Gymnastics kind of sucks now in comparison.

Wonder what that Japanese commentator is talking about. SHUT UP SHUT UP. I want to be able to listen to her floor music {love!}

On a more modern note...FOURDAYS'TILNEWYORKZOMG!

Debs.

6 comments:

  1. so jealous you're going to NY. i want to comee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha loving this post and eff ya you can talk about WHATEVA YA WANNA! def love the gymnastics part of the olympics, hey, hey, hey!

    super excited for NY baby, so glad youre about to embark on such a bd a$$ adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm an eighties kid. so i gets the obsession.

    so jealous for your NY adventures - girl, yo gonna have the time of your LIFE.

    L. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see, in a past life (and this one - Soviet gymnast or not) I was (and am) your biggest fan.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay so i totally clicked mute while watching this but lovedddd it nonetheless :) gymnastics is such a beautiful sport.. i wish i could do it! honestly, i have yet to master the forward roll...i wish i were kidding.

    ReplyDelete