Friday, August 14, 2009

pup lovin.

little house on a mountain.

This weekend, la famille et moi spent some time at our mountain home. There's not much to do, but strangely enough, I don't find it boring; I find it lovely, peaceful, and relaxing. I did forget my Nutella jar, though, so as you can probably guess, THAT WAS TRAGIC.

Wow, okay. Anyway.

I was saying. Peaceful. Relaxing. Beautiful.


It's a quiet little town. Sometimes we go antique shopping {love!} or horseback riding (hurts my butt, but you know. I think I'll live).


There's also a fun, quirky, super adorable restaurant called "Mystica" that we frequent.


Like I said, there's not much to do in this town. It's cold, windy, and rainy, usually. Perfect to curl up with lots and lots of blankets, with a good book, a movie, or a yummy bowl of oatmeal.

Inspired by Little Debs, I did some "collage-ing."



meet nevito.

This is my dog, Nevito. He's an eight-year-old Siberian husky.


He ain't no vegetarian like his momma!



He's loyal, funny, and really silly. Also, I think he might be gay.


Even if he won't admit it to me. Psh. He'll come out of the closet soon enough. You mark my words.

I lalalalahve him.

And I love you!

Debs.

6 comments:

  1. oh debz, you would have a gay dog.

    enjoy the rest of your getaway bay bayyy <3 hot damn, that rhymed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm hi your weekend sounds amazinggg! I am totally loving the pics...gorgeous nature, totally quirky little places to visit, and family to snuggle up with when it gets chilly! And can we say Nevito is a cutie patooti! haha And if he's gay, i just love him that much more!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such an amazing trip! Glad you got a chance to relax a bit before heading off to school.

    I love your dog, especially his face in the third pic. Priceless. I'm pretty sure that he's gay too, considering how intently he's eyeing that steak! Ahahaha I crack myself up sometimes.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh, gorgey place. have to say, the scenery looks rather british.

    your dog is amazing. i have always loved huskies. i bet he needs a hella lot of exercise, yes?

    oooh, you're making me want to get all crafty & do some collage-ing.


    hope you're having a lovely, chilled out time.

    L. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I think my cat is a hermaphrodite - seriously, 'she' sprays all over the place - I swear that's a male thing?

    Huskies are GORGEOUS though. I may have to paint piglet partially grey to compete ;)

    And I LOVES me some collaging - just started a new scrapbook <3

    RE: NY - we arrive l-a-t-e on saturday night, and are there until wednesday evening - are you around in the evenings? Like, post 9.30pm? Our days are pretty packed (first family holiday in .. 5 years?) BUT it would be SOOO awesome to see you - after dinner cafe chats? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, love all the pics. Sounds like you had a great time in the mountains. Nevito is a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete