Tuesday, August 18, 2009

life's simple pleasures.

So many little things made me happy today!

1. a surprise letter in the mail {I never get snail mail!}
2. deep red nail polish.
3. catching up with many old friends.
4. finding a precious mini bottle of Bailey's hidden inside a kitchen cabinet {I promise I was a good girl. But it made me happy!}
5. printing my class schedule and realizing that - hallelujah! - no math for me next year.
6. this video.
7. my voracious appetite.
8. getting a visit from Ms. Aunt Flo for the first time in a year with no aid from any pill whatsoever! All natural, baby {I know, I know. What other girl celebrates her period?}
9. being confused for a Sheila. I don't look like a Sheila, do I?
10. a very very good book.

Needless to say, I was inspired!

When I'm inspired, I do either of two things. I can't sing, draw, dance (not for reals, anyway), etc. But I can, a. write, b. work on a collage!

{I s'pose sometimes I bake, too, but it's horrifically hot}

So, all day, I've allowed my creativity and imagination to go wild! I'm working on a little tribute to the things that move me. Of course, this is not the finished product, but it's a start, and I'm enjoying my project very much!


Once we stop fretting over all the stuff that we can't control, we learn that the beauty of life is in the simplest of details.

Debs.

5 comments:

  1. love love love that quote...its simply amazing and so true.

    I also heart this post a lot and all the little things that make you happy. Sometimes its those little things that do true wonders for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweetheart,
    yay for getting the monthy visit naturally :) thats so awesome debs! look how far uve come, your inspirational!!

    i love lifes simple pleasures!!
    i also love u!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your list! yay for Flo! and i love your collage. and YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, cycle twins :]

    Glad you're in such a happy mood! Love collaging. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw debs congrats on your visit from Aunt Flo and getting back that womanhood ma!! <3

    ReplyDelete